Friday, February 01, 2008

Mentoring

2/2/08 Last week I:
  • spent an hour mentoring a person in the PCT who was having trouble in her job - I am a mentor in the Dignity in the Workplace Scheme
  • mentored a GP who was having trouble with a partnership
  • spoke to a solicitor who was representing a mentee of mine and I am to be a witness in a County Court case this Wednesday
  • gave a reference for a General Practice which wants to take a project foreward
  • wrote a character reference for a refugee Iraqui doctor and sent it to the GMC

Mentoring has been a love of my life and I have published some stuff on the subject.


1 Mentoring & Tutoring, Vol. 11, No. 3, December 2003
The Impact of General Practitioners
Trained as Mentors: a study of mentoring
activity and potential
RICHARD SLOAN1 & GEORGE TAYLOR2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home